Mr. D. is industrious. He never, and I mean NEV-er, sits still. He's always doing something, anything. The other day I heard a funny noise coming from the garage. He was out there shredding paperwork while he was watching a baseball game. He loves his garage; it's full of his tools and fishing poles, a frig' and TV, his desk.
I had mentioned to him a couple of days ago that we needed plants. He's the gardener, and thought I'd plant a seed. He replied that we weren't short on plants, I just had too many flower pots. I thought that was the end of the conversation. Until yesterday. I discovered all of my flower pots lined up on an old garden shelf, with tiny little succulents sitting down inside, peeking up at me, happily waiting to be planted.
Today, before I left to run errands, he was on the driveway putting gravel and potting soil in the flower pots.
When I got back he was sitting on the front porch with his brother,
admiring his work.
He did great.
Even grouping the pots by color
He mixed in some whimsy
I was concerned though, because I knew several of the pots he'd used didn't have drain holes.
"They do now".
"I'm afraid I did"



Oh my goodness! Sounds like something my hubby would do. I MUST print out the scripture & put it on my bulletin board. : )
ReplyDeleteSmiles,
Carol
Oh dear! Well, he certainly wanted to please you...
ReplyDeleteThat counts for a LOT!!!
Becky K.
And just so you know, I really wasn't upset. He's too darn cute to get mad at him.
ReplyDeleteHi Susy!!
ReplyDeleteOh boy... a hole in the McCoy??
Well, it's only a pot.. sounds like your husband is a keeper!!
THanks for the visit and comment on my new blog. I appreciate it!!
Hi Susy, thanks for visiting my blog in England! What a treasure your husband sounds. How lovely for him to want to please you in such a thoughtful way (despite the hole issue!) - I shall certainly be mentioning this post to my own husband! x
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet hubby you have. Despite the "hole", he knew how to please you.
ReplyDeleteYou do have a lot of cute pots. Great to have them all planted.
Great scripture too, for us old married folks.
What a great post! Too funny about the drain hole. At least the plant appreciates it!! :)
ReplyDeletethat is not only hilarious... it's true to form :)
ReplyDeleteI would know that my hubby, Barry, had lost his marbles if I EVER saw him gardening! We have been married almost 26 years and I have only coaxed him to move heavy pots. I do the gardening, although it has been mostly with pots and a few garden plants here and there. Since we rent, the gardeners come once a week.
ReplyDeleteHe doesn't build things either. Once he removed all the electrical plates trying to figure out why a lamp wouldn't work. I solved that problem by flipping a switch.
BUT... My hubby does make breakfast, French Press coffee, and he loads my Pampered Chef into our car. He does laundry, folds clothes... He's more of a Mary Poppins.
You tell your sweet hubby that he is the real McCoy!
Hugs, KJ
Oh boy. As a McCoy lover, the thought of drilling a hole in the pot makes me cringe a wee bit. But they look lovely and he did a great job.
ReplyDelete