~George Mueller
On one well-documented occasion, he gave thanks for breakfast while all the children were sitting at the table, even though there was nothing to eat in the house. As they finished praying, the baker knocked on the door with sufficient fresh bread to feed everyone, and the milkman gave them plenty of fresh milk because his cart broke down in front of the orphanage.
by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving,
let your requests be made known to God;
and the peace of God,
and the peace of God,
which surpasses all understanding,
will guard your hearts and minds
will guard your hearts and minds
through Christ Jesus.
Phil. 4:6-7
Counting My Blessings
xo Susy
xo Susy
I'm joining the inspiration at
and



I am awed and ashamed at the same time my friend.
ReplyDeleteYour post spoke to my needs today. The scripture is one of my favorites.
ReplyDeleteSmiles & Blessings,
Carol
Loved this post, Susy. I needed to be reminded of this today. xo
ReplyDeletewhat an amazing story of true faith.
ReplyDeletei feel ashamed.
I know that this kind of faith brings wondrous things from God! I hope all Christians get in a situation where they really HAVE TO have faith!
ReplyDeleteI have always loved the story of George Mueller and his amazing faith. The story I read about this was that the children were weeping and fretting over what they would eat and asked what they should do. Mr. Mueller told them to set the table. Thank you for this wonderful reminder. We may not have an amazing faith, though we certainly do serve an amazing God.
ReplyDeleteGreat story about a man of great faith! I have a book about his life on my shelf to read.....
ReplyDeleteI love the stories of George Mueller and often, when my faith is lacking, I will think about this particular story at his breakfast table. It puts my faith to shame, yet encourages me to press in.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
<><
Hi dear One
ReplyDeleteThat is our God!! I have also experienced that what I thought last minute provision a few times, yet, I know now that it was in His time for it strengthened my faith in His provision. This is my first visit to your blog when I found you at Barbie's and I have also been encouraged a lot by Mr Mueller's example of faith!
Much love XX
Mia
George Mueller is an inspiration to me--thanks for reminding us of his dedication to the Father. Love the quote!
ReplyDeleteThat you for sharing this story of faith. It truly ministered to my heart. And thank you for linking up with The Weekend Brew!
ReplyDeleteGeorge Mueller still remains an inspiration to me. Every time I'm confronted with a situation or trial, like the recent loss of the love of my life I remember his life and his enduring faith. You have a lovely blog. God bless you.
ReplyDeleteThanks fora great post today! George Mueller's faith is both inspiring and challenging.
ReplyDeletehow lovely a post! inspiring and encouraging in todays world...we all need reminders of the truth that faith brings!!!
ReplyDeleteI am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
My head spins when I think of all he accomplished in his life time.....What an example to us of faith whose eyes were on the Father......
ReplyDeleteThanks for popping by and sharing the quote by Eleanor Roosevelt. I had never heard it before. It's so nice to meet you here via Barbie's link. :)
ReplyDeleteCounting my blessings with you too! Perfect post for me today! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteYour posts are always so inspirational Susy - so uplifting.
ReplyDeleteDee at the Carlton
Great post, Susy. Why would we trust in anyone or thing else, besides the Lord of the Universe who alone gives us Hope and a Future. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteThank you for popping by my blog. I have just read yours and it is truly inspirational. I work in an environment where faith is at the core of everything we do. I look forward to reading your future posts. With my best wishes. Chel
ReplyDelete