Turning thoughts toward home and hearts to God

Turning thoughts toward home and hearts to God

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

TeaTime Notes for a Party


Well...here it is ~
Vee's Notecard Party!  Yay!

This month I'm celebrating Tea Time in my notecards, simply because I love everything about it; dainty teacups and white table linens, folded cloth napkins and fresh flowers.


Of course that never happens at my house, although  my cupboards and tabletops overflow with teapots and cups, plates and trays.

 
 My natural taste runs to the English-made pots and cups.
Perhaps because I have a spot of British linage in me.


Having said that, here's one from Japan.
I'm not atrtacted to the new novelty teapots, but
I do love the old ones.


This is a little French one-cup pot, handpainted and sweet.
I was taken with the tiny gold twig on the lid.

One of my favorite bloggers, Jacqueline at Cabin & Cottage 
says, "What would life be without handles and spouts?".
So true!


And this cutie is a vintage Tomatoe teapot.  Looks like the worm
was stealing the show. No early birds here!

* * * * *

I use my tea things whenever I have the "ladies" over for get-togethers. 
It makes us all feel special ~ even when we're in our flipflops.


Counting My Blessings
xo  Susy


Put your shoes on and join the fun at 



P.S.  HAPPY SUMMER!

16 comments:

  1. Awe, what lovely photos! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'd be iced tea for me today. Oh my —it is HOT! I always enjoy seeing the accouterments of a proper tea time. You have some charming items and I'm glad that you honor tea time every now and then. So do I and perhaps even in summer when it gets chilly as it surely will one day.

    Thanks for linking again. I do enjoy this little party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. too cute. picking a fav would be the tomato with with the worm. that is so adorable. i've never seen one like it. great note cards indeed. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like old tea pots too Susy and you have some lovely examples.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susy, Your teapots are really lovely! I like the last shot best.
    xo Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos...thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are beautiful and some how just make me feel like a girl...in a household of sons that is pretty important

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a cup of tea just about anytime. Beautiful teapots, and beautiful photos. A great idea for the note card party. Happy summer to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a beautiful collection! There is nothing like brewing your tea in a proper pot and serving it in a pretty china cup. Tea tastes better to me.

    I love your picks for your notecards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love tea and teacups and teapots so I would love a set of notecards just like your selections!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful tea-party themed note card collection!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't the tomatoe tea pot fun! These are all very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tea pots are all so pretty and make a lovely theme for note cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! I love your notecards and your collection of teapots. I do tea parties with the girls, but we use cute little plastic ones. I should introduce the older ones to the real thing some time.
    Hope you are having a good summer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Flip flops with friends, sounds like my cup of tea too! (o:

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have some fabulous teapots & things - a bit of English in you indeed.

    I agree, it is special to just get out the pretty things & enjoy them whenever you can.

    Thanks for letting us share your teaparty ...
    Dee at the Carlton

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ~ thanks for stopping by! xo Susy