I'm being serenaded today by birds singing in the trees of our seasoned neighborhood, and I'm reminded of a story I heard many years ago. It was about a scientific study that was being conducted to test the theory -- listen to this -- that the birds singing on the branches ...were what caused the branches to sprout new growth and blossom. Wow! Wouldn't that be like The Master Planner. I never heard whether the theory was true or not, but I sure like the idea of it. Wake up little branch!Turning thoughts toward home and hearts to God
Turning thoughts toward home and hearts to God
Saturday, April 16, 2011
Wake Up Little Branch!
I'm being serenaded today by birds singing in the trees of our seasoned neighborhood, and I'm reminded of a story I heard many years ago. It was about a scientific study that was being conducted to test the theory -- listen to this -- that the birds singing on the branches ...were what caused the branches to sprout new growth and blossom. Wow! Wouldn't that be like The Master Planner. I never heard whether the theory was true or not, but I sure like the idea of it. Wake up little branch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our trees are almost fully leafed out. I think it's safe to say Spring is finally here!!!
ReplyDeleteSmiles,
Carol
that is such a neat thought...with ever tweet...a branch grows. ☺
ReplyDeletewell, they say if you talk to your plants they will thrive. Why not believe that the birds singing to the trees would cause them to blossom. I like the idea too, whether it is true or not. I love spring time.
ReplyDeleteI find I grow more fruit when I'm singing praises than when I'm grumbling. My day is complete now -- I've learned something new!
ReplyDeleteSinging,
Pamela
I feel like I grow when I hear the birds sing, why shouldn't a little branch? (-:
ReplyDeleteI've never heard that either, but I like it too. I love birds.
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you Susy.
Charlotte
I love this story and, like you, choose to believe it. :)))
ReplyDeleteMy thanks to you for rain prayers for us.
Maybe it is like the concept of talking to your house plants. I've heard they proved that was good for them too. Maybe that is what is wrong with all of mine...not enough talking to them. lol
ReplyDeleteCool post!
And...as to your last comment on my blog.....who are you related to????? Inquiring minds want to know.
Actually, you don't have to tell.......
what a sweet study, which perfectly explains
ReplyDeletewhy i want to hop out of bed as soon as i
hear them!
oh, susy. i just notice that you live in LA!
ReplyDeletemy daughter has been studying there for
three years but has transferred to baylor.
she's playing at the "house of blues" in a
week or two, though.
Lots of incredibly good reading here, thank you! I had been searching on yahoo when I observed your submit, I’m going to add your feed to Google Reader, I look forward to much more from you.
ReplyDeleteAhhh, I love that!!! Such a sweet thought!! I, too, wake up to the sweet little birds singing outside my windows...makes the mornings beautiful! Now when I wake up to their songs, I will think of this and how my redbuds and dogwoods are growing all the more thanks to God's little musical creatures!! :D
ReplyDeleteHugs, Carolyn ~ Cottage Sunshine