Turning thoughts toward home and hearts to God

Turning thoughts toward home and hearts to God

Friday, April 11, 2014

Oh Mr. Lincoln

I'm not much of a gardener ~ that pleasure falls to hubby ~ but I certainly do enjoy our roses.  When we moved into this house the yards were bare,  and one of the first things we did was plant  Mr. Lincoln.

Here's what All About Roses has to say about this wonderful rose


  • Most popular dark red rose
  • Exquisitely huge fragrance
  • Tough, reliable and very tall bush
  • Ideal cut rose for flower arrangement
I whole-heartedly agree!

Counting My Blessings
xo Susy


8 comments:

  1. I have no luck with roses...these are beautiful. We were given a beautiful rose bush called "Chicago" when we moved from there to Wisconsin. It was eaten alive here. These are beautiful...love the dark red color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty nice blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how Mr. Lincoln smelled, but "tough, reliable and very tall bush" certainly describes him. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must truly be flourishing now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh...I do love roses! My Mr. Lincoln is currently over shadowed by my haphazard seed sewing husband's hollyhocks! The bush has leafed, but I don't think it's grown an inch since I've planted it, and not one bud is on it due to the temporary shade that's been unintentionally forced upon it. Well, at least it's still green! I'm looking forward to enjoying it's deep ruby red petals, and intoxicating rose-a-licious perfume - - someday!

    I can only hope my darling husband won't carelessly plant gigantic sunflowers next to the exquisite Mme Alfred Carriere roses I plan to place along the fence of our future secret garden. ; D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful roses and great photography. It was so good to hear from you. Thanks for checking up on me. I have not had time to catch up on my blog reading at all. I keep thinking life will slow down, but if I had spare time, I would find a way to fill it. I have a feeling you are the same way. Hope your summer is going well. We have been at Ellen's off and on doing some work for her, but haven;t made it in to the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. {{{ SUSY }}}...I've missed you, girlfriend...I sure hope everything is ok with you and yours...I see it's been FOREVER since you posted....
    Good luck on winning the magazine subscription....xoxo bj

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ~ thanks for stopping by! xo Susy