Turning thoughts toward home and hearts to God

Turning thoughts toward home and hearts to God

Thursday, September 13, 2012

What To Do ~ When You've Done All You Know To Do


Humble yourself, therefore, under God's mighty hand of blessing, that He may lift you up in due time.

Cast all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you.

1 Peter 5:6-7







 Father, I acknowledge I'm not able to produce the outcome that I need ~ so I wholeheartedly lay my circumstances at your feet. Help me not to worry or be fearful, but to genuinely put my hope and trust in You and Your incredible love for me.  Amen.

Counting My Blessings,
xo Susy


More inspiration can be found at
Spiritual Sundays

See you in a few days

 
 

11 comments:

  1. Great message that's sometimes so hard to do because we want to be in control. He always has the answers to our needs. Thank you for sharing this today.

    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best prayer of all... It seems to be the week for the quote I found at Abby's Little Birdie Blessings... "Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to an all-knowing God." ~Corrie ten Boom
    Isn't that a great one? Have a blessed time away...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! This should be a daily prayer, even when not facing tough circumstances. Often we are confident that we have things handled, when God is desiring to direct our thinking and decisions differently.

    I like Vee's Corrie quote, too. We see so little of the big picture.

    Also, I got excited when I saw that you went to El Tovar. I did a post awhile back on Fred Harvey and his Harvey Houses. President Roosevelt visited the Grand Canyon for the first time when he came to El Tovar. He had not realized, up to that point, how marvelous the Grand Canyon was. His visit inspired national protection of such wonders. You may have read my post, but here it is again if you haven't: http://eye-dyllic.blogspot.com/2011/11/harvey-girls-trains-and-culinary.html

    Blessings to YOU!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Laying my circumstances at Jesus feet." What a privilege we have. So often we just need someone to remind us that we can--someone just like you. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a confession we all should make and take the same action. Lay it ALL at His feet.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely way to start the day, realizing our need for the Lord, that without HIM...nothing will go right. Love your blog. It's really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Susy, this is so timely. I am exhausted trying to produce fruit in a soil I've labored for YEARS, but only He can and His timing is perfect. Thank you for listening and thank you for sharing.

    Hope you received your tags by now. I'm sorry if you mentioned it and I forgot. I don't know which way is up or down these days...heavy load.

    XOXO's,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Susy! Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Suzy..
    What a nice reminder...thank you.

    Warm wishes..
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of the scriptures in my devotional this morning was Matthew 6:34 "Do not worry about tomorrow..." So even though you wrote this a couple of weeks ago, I read it today. It reinforces what I have to keep believing. God will take care tomorrow, I just have to let him.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ~ thanks for stopping by! xo Susy