Turning thoughts toward home and hearts to God

Turning thoughts toward home and hearts to God

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Texas Notes

Well y'all ~ it's time for my first Note Card Party, and I have my party dress on and I'm ready to two-step.

The rules are: select four previously published pix you think would make great note cards, and link up.  I can do that!

On a recent road trip to a reunion, we enjoyed genuine Texas hospitality and BBQ on a ranch near Johnson City.  While the guys were swapping war stories, I wandered off and took pictures.

  Here are four I think are worthy of another spin around the dance floor ~




 



Having owned a gift store in the past, and purchased many a note card, I wonder how card sales are these days ~ what with the popularity of email and social media.  I have hand-written thank you cards on my desk right now, waiting to be addressed.  Sometimes an email TY is just not enough.


 
Back to Texas; our appetite was not confined to the ranch.  We stayed two nights in town, and ate dinner both times at the Silver K Cafe which boasted "rustic elegance" and "hill country cuisine".  We weren't disappointed on either count.  Their "supper" menu included honey pecan fried chicken, and smoked blackberry pork chops.  My husband is still talking about the homemade cinnamon ice cream.

[We tried not to eat our way through the trip, but there were some things too good to pass up.]


If you'd like to see some other Note Card Party presentations, hop on over to Vee's.
  Party dress not required.


Counting My Blessings,
xo Susy


18 comments:

  1. Pretty pictures! I especially love the one of the poppies and the one of the stone steps. They look so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you describe it, Susy: "Worthy of another spin around the dance floor." Recycling at its very best! And so very worthy they are.

    Also loving the fine in Texas for littering. More states should up the fine, including mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susy, this displaced Texas girl loves the Texas Hill Country! Your pics capture its essence and charm perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzy, What a great sign! I love Texas and their strong sassy women!!!!! The Hill Country is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes a really nice set ,,, I like it when they have a common theme as they would if you purchased them in a set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun party. I checked it out at your link and just wish I took beter pictures. Yours are wonderful and makes me want to take a trip to Texas...well maybe it was the description of the food that enticed me.
    Love the chairs at the end too. I use e-mail so much now, but I have always had a weakness for cute notecards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susy,
    You definitely have an eye for beauty. I love your choices!
    My note cards move from the store, but slowly. Not sure if this is the fault of the cards or as you said the influence of social media.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susy, what a fun post! I don't know how the reunion went, but looks like you enjoyed your stay in Texas! The Hill Country is a very special spot -- especially when the wildflowers are blooming. Great selections for Vee's party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are wonderful- and just perfect for note cards. I like the steps the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the one with the red flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these photos, they'd make some very neat note cards! I love Texas, both my son and my brother lived in Texas for a number of years. I always liked the 'Don't Mess with Texas' slogan you see many places.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the red flowers but also the steps! I'm glad you enjoyed your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all your photos...isn't this just a fun and easy link-up?! You chose a variety of subjects but all with a rustic theme...really nice choices; just like a pack of note cards! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What great note cards pic's! And such a nice reminder of our time in Texas a few years ago...spent in Hill Country. It was the end of April and the poppies and bluebonnets were blooming. We had a wonderful time...'down on the ranch'!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love and would buy every single
    one of your photos as a card.
    just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your pictures dear Susie..now I will have to look and see what I can find and join in. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your comment about housing and nest eggs being gone both cracked me up and made me want to cry...very true. I like these note cards, BTW, very fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ~ thanks for stopping by! xo Susy