When my husband and I decided to downsize several years ago, one of the things I wanted in the next house was a big, deep bathtub. It was so high on my Wish List that my husband (who saw the house before I did) called me on his cell phone to say "I think I found your bathtub!" Indeed he did.Like many of you, the tub is my think tank and retreat.
I listen to music, read, light candles, snack,
and fall asleep soak in the tub
But hard as I try, there's one thing I can't do ~ and that's
take a bath without bubbles.
take a bath without bubbles.
Impossible.
So ~ I always have a stash of bottles
and packets of fragrant potions standing ready.
Running out of bubble stuff would be like
running out creamer for my Earl Grey tea.
Whot!
The good news is I'm real easy to shop for (:
Speaking of presents, Valentine's Day is fast approaching
and I thought I'd share a fun gift idea with you.
and I thought I'd share a fun gift idea with you.
Last year my sis gave me a cute red rose bowl
with LOVE sparkled on it
It was quickly assigned to the table next to the bath tub
and here's what I did ~
I emptied several packets of bath salts into the bowl,
then sprinkled in some rose petals
Added an old berry spoon to the mix
And topped it with a lacy doily
It's handy on a table right next to the tub
~ and it looks pretty
~ and it looks pretty
Don't you think that would make a great gift for a friend ~ or yourself!
My favorite bath products come from THYMES
Thymes was one of the few product lines I sold
all the years (18) I had my gift store.
They may seem expensive, but they're excellent
quality and a little goes a long way.
They have many fragrances, and wonderful ingredients
My best seller was Goldleaf
Hard to describe the scent but, oh my, it's beautiful!
Did you know the proper way to test a room spray in the store
is to spritz into the cap.
very important trivia. you're welcome (:
Did you know the proper way to test a room spray in the store
is to spritz into the cap.
very important trivia. you're welcome (:
These are some bath make-overs from HGTV.com
I didn't find many I liked,
and the bathrooms were all huge.
Not really how most of us live in my neck of the woods.
Is that a mantle? Clever.
This one's fully outfitted. Wow.
This is my favorite ~ I love the simple chest of drawers
Mine fits me to a T, and lucky me
I don't have to share it with anyone
Counting my Blessings,
Susy
This is my next project ~
Redecorating the shelf over the tub.
Any ideas?
I'm joining

















Your bathtub is beautiful! I can see why you enjoy retreating there.
ReplyDeleteWhy not line the shelf with votive candles? : )
That's a consideration. There's actually a built-in shelf across from the tub that has candles on it (:
DeleteI may just shift things around.
I adore your bathroom girl I love the claw foot tub..I have one I found in my friend field he was using as a water and he told me if I would get him a proper water basin I could have the tub..Well I about broke my neck getting to the feed store got him one and then begged my late hubs to try and pick it up ha ha!! we had it refinished 15 years ago and I still have it in my guest bath and still love it to pieces..I got the shower kit for mine so guest could take a shower...Great post..May you have the best day ever my friend and thanks for sharing your great tub..Hugs and smiles Gloria
ReplyDeleteLove this story!
DeleteOh added you to my follow list hope you do the same..Hugs Gloria
ReplyDeleteThanks for the follow - back at ya (:
DeleteComing from my all-time favorite entrepreneur, these are words to suds by! And having tried the products you speak of, I give 2 wet thumbs up! I adore your bathroom. These days, most bathrooms feel like a toilet room. Your tub rules the space! Love, KJ
ReplyDeleteHey Mountain Mama ~ a big e-squeeze to you (:
DeleteI share your love of a good soak in an old fashioned tub. I enjoyed seeing the different bathrooms.
ReplyDeleteCarolyn
Oh my goodness, your bathroom is so pretty and I'm totally drooling over the bathtub. I've been bugging my husband for a clawfoot tub, but no luck yet. I really like how you decorated the red bowl. I might just have to borrow that idea from you!
ReplyDeleteI love the tub my sister just had one installed in her old redone bathroom and Is looking for a sweet little table like yours to sit her bath salts on, also a tub try to lay accros like yours
ReplyDeleteI would paint your shelf white to match your tub or a very soft pink. I know I like things different
Hi, Sherry....your tub is to die for. I would love one like it. My daughter has one and every time I go out to stay with the kids, I always take a long nice soak...she keeps wine in the fridge, so I have a glass of red wine, light all the candles and play like I'm Elizabeth Taylor. :)))
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for your sweet words on my today's post.
I've never been beautiful a day in my life but I surely have had a beautiful life. :))
xoxo
Your bathroom is gorgeous! I think I'd want to spend a lot of time in that tub, too. :-) I love the little red dish. I'd do something like that, but alas, there's no space for it.
ReplyDeleteI can remember visiting my Nanny (grandmother) as a child and taking baths in her huge (at least it seemed huge to me as a child) claw foot tub. It was a positively dreamy experience. :-)
I would love your bathtub! I'm a bath person too, and you can tell by the books and magazines that have wavy edges from getting a bit too close to the water! (o: Our bathroom is very contemporary, with a great view of the woods beyond our yard. Yours looks cozy and inviting...it is 25 degrees today, a warm soak sounds great!
ReplyDeleteI envy you Susy! When we built our house, I told our builder he could do whatever he wanted with my bathroom, but I wanted a nice tub because I take baths. Not showers, but baths.
ReplyDeleteWe picked out a tub, but on the say of ordering, the builder talked my Dad into a different tub. Boy were we in for a shock when it was installed. It was TINY, but we were stuck with it.
Therefore, I am totally envious of you for having a nice soaking tub!
I even like the cute vignette with the love bowl on the table.
Thank you so much for sharing this at my party so everyone can enjoy your post. I do hope you will come again next week!
Oh wow, so dreamy!!! I saw that tub and had to come over--I about fainted when I saw it was on your blog--I haven't been here in so long...Hope you're doing well!!!
ReplyDeleteXO
Cindy
Hi Sherry,
ReplyDeleteI am visiting you today through Shannon "Your Cozy Home Party Tuesday". Its a pleasure meeting you!
I love, love your tub...oh yes I do! Hubby and I have been looking at tubs and the claw foot is high on our list...
I have enjoyed my visit with you today and have become your newest follower.
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth
Hi Susy,
ReplyDeleteOh no, I am so sorry I said Hi Sherry...ooops I'm very sorry...
Elizabeth
Hello Susy, thank you for becoming a follower. I love your bathtub. I had to laugh, I have a giant bathtub too, only at this time it is full of plants. My husband didn't want his plants to get frozen so he filled ours with his plants. I never take baths just showers. My grandson who loves our bathtub thinks Grandma and Grandpa have gone around the bend with the plants in the bathtub. My husband grows trees for Bonsai so they are very important to him.
ReplyDeleteYour profile said you are in Southern California, I am in Bakersfield. :) So we are not so far apart.
It is so nice meeting you,
Kim
Hi Susy! I love the bathtub ideas! That silver spoon for the bath salts...lovely!!! Oh how I want to slip into a nice hot bath right now!!! Thanks so much for joining me for Pearls and Lace Thursday!!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Doni
well, suzy, you packed in so much beauty
ReplyDeleteand great information that i feel i should
pay you! thank you!!
Susy, your tub is wonderful and bubbles sound divine. Hugs, olive
ReplyDelete