Turning thoughts toward home and hearts to God

Turning thoughts toward home and hearts to God

Friday, March 25, 2011

True North

Stand at the crossroads and look;
ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is, 

and walk in it, and you will find
rest for your souls.
Jeremiah 6:16

 
Whenever I need direction, I usually
find my answer in the bible.  But
sometimes it's a quiet voice in my heart
telling me which way to turn, or a good
word of Godly counsel from a trusted friend. How does God speak to you?

Jesus has gone that way before us,
and He delights to show us the path.
He said "Follow me".

Find inspiration for your day at Spiritual Sundays

14 comments:

  1. I have the same experiences you describe. Also, sometimes there is just a definite knowledge that a certain direction is the right one...
    to do anything else would just be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this felt so calming....thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I think surly he's not telling me to this direction,but it's always turns out to be the right one.
    Blessings,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thoughts, Suzy. God speaks to me in these same ways too. I might add that he also speaks to me in nature.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read that verse in Jeremiah in a long time...beautiful photo to go with it too. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bible and prayer. BTW the church we go to is called True North Church. We all must find our true north.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susy,

    "How does God speak to you?"
    God speaks to me as I read and study scripture, during prayer, and through the wisdom and counsel of other Chrstians.

    Blessings and peace.

    MTJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. The longer we walk with him the more we realize he speaks in so many ways.
    It's so important that we be still in order to learn to recognize him...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your post reminds me of a song:
    And He walks with me and He talks with me, And He tells me I am His own. And the joy we share as we tarry there -- none other has ever known."

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still remember the impact that scripture had on me many years ago when our pastor's sermon was based on it. He did a skit involving some of our youth group.
    I often seek direction through prayer or the word. I'm not always patient in waiting for the answer, but often a feeling of complete peace about a decision will let me know I am following his will for me.
    Great scripture for today, Susy

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was beautifully written.

    God speaks to me in different ways. I've heard His voice in nature, in the face of a newborn infant, and in the sound of the wind. I hear Him in His Word. Mostly, I hear that still, small voice when I get quiet. That's the key, getting quiet and listening, something that requires effort in this busy and noisy world in which we now live.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one of my favorite Scriptures. I find the ancient paths lead to God's Word, time with Him, wise Godly counsel, and the support of friends who love the Lord.

    Blessings,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what a great scripture and great post. So glad I found your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Susy, thank you so much for stopping by and thank you so much for sweet, kind words!! I have missed visiting your blog the past few months...can't say when I will be able to visit on a regular basis again with the new job keeping me overtime busy!

    I love this post!! So serene and peaceful...very soothing for this tired working woman after a long week of work!! :) God is so good...so grateful for His continual gifts of blessings!

    Hugs, Carolyn ~ Cottage Sunshine

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments ~ thanks for stopping by! xo Susy