One of the greatest gifts God has given us is music. Music speaks to our soul. Have you ever noticed how the right music or song can transport you into a place of tranquility, or comfort, or encouragement. Like many I've wished I could sing well or knew how to play the piano. I'm going to play the saxaphone in Heaven. I believe a lot of music and singing goes on there, and maybe the really talented ones get to have their own lounge act and you can go from room to room to listen to your favorite artist. It's just a thought.
Once I was at a women's bible study and a very unusual thing happened. We all stood up and joined together to sing a beautiful worship song. I was imagining that I was singing to the Lord, when suddenly --- I could hear Angels singing along with us. No really, I could hear them - they were singing the same song that we were. Well, I wasn't going to be outdone by them, so with my eyes still closed I began to sing as loud as I could. By golly, I wanted to make sure the Lord could hear me singing along with all those Angels! When the song was over and I'd finally stopped, I opened my eyes and.....well you can guess it. Everyone else in the group, who of course hadn't heard any Angels singing, was staring at the nut in the room that had been screaming out the song at the top of her lungs.


What a great story! I'm sure you're a delight to those on earth as well. :-)
ReplyDeleteThis is so funny! Barry makes a "Joyful Noise," too! I usually have to jump in right away to secure a key. Nonetheless, I know God is not staring at Barry in disbelief since all worship is filtered through the heart. Barry does sing with his heart, as I know you do.
ReplyDeleteUp until the 4th grade, I assumed that everyone could sing. Then one day the Choral Director visited my classroom to teach us a Litter Bug Campaign song. She was looking for students to go from class to class to present the theme song. She kept walking by my desk and leaning in close. To be honest, I was surprised. I really didn't think I could anything different than anyone else. Well, I was chosen to sing. It was really then that I realized that I had a gift of song.
I do love your childlike exuberance. You can always sing at the top of your voice with me!
Love, KJ
Hi Susy!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad Karen posted about your new blog! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!
I've already enjoyed reading your posts & look forward to others.
Thanks a bunch for listing my blog on your side bar! I'm adding you to mine.
Smiles,
Carol
Good morning!!! As you can see, I'm up early, too! Blogging.
ReplyDeleteIf you need someone to blame this new venture on, I will gladly be your fall guy. That's what friends are for after all.
Thanks for the compliment on my new banner. Macs were left out of digital scrapbooking for awhile. Finally, I have a great app that uses .png images and makes it a lot of fun to do.
Have a super day!
KJ
Music....Oh, that is one of my passions. I love this story. Getting lost in Praise is a very good thing...but the way you told it...so funny.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a very good day.
Keep up the great writing.
Becky K.
LOL!!! What a wonderful story! I will remember you every time I sing to the LORD now.
ReplyDeleteHi Susy,
ReplyDeleteThanks for coming by my blog as well!
No I am not from England sadly...but I looooooove England for some odd reason.
Interestingly enough, I have many friends there and British friends here in America.
It's the country I have the biggest delight in and burdan for. I've loved it since I was 5 years old and saw Mary Poppins. HA!
I can trace this love I have for England back to then I think. HA!
Talk to you soon......be blessed!
Joyce M. in Baton Rouge
Loved your "conjecture" comment on my blog... I had a class in college on subliminal advertising and it's amazing how manipulative advertising is. I see things now that I've never seen. Of course there is a chance that a certain artist didn't see it that way, but advertising is pretty calculated.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the writing kudos! I'm looking forward to your next post!
Hugs, KJ